You will agree that without massive traffic, your website is useless, regardless of its unmatchable appearance and user-friendly interface. To pull impressive traffic to your website, you must do Search Engine Optimization to rank your site higher in the SERPs to attract organic traffic.
To be an SEO expert requires you to get involved in a never-ending cycle of learning the latest SEO techniques and updates. No single method can be a universal solution to your site's SEO problems; you must analyze and resolve every issue separately. WordPress offers many plugins to do that, but our chosen 14 best WordPress SEO plugins make this technical process easier. Keep reading this article to explore more.
Understanding the Best SEO Plugins
Firstly, WordPress has built-in SEO features to optimize your site to rank higher in the search results. Additionally, it offers several SEO plugins to make your site’s optimization easier, especially when you are not an expert in the SEO field. WordPress built-in SEO features enable users to add titles, headings, metadata, and other easy-to-use customization options.
An SEO plugin can assist you in ranking your site higher in SERPs. But it cannot assure you of your site’s optimization; rather, the SEO plugins help you optimize your site’s content, ultimately increasing the chances for your site to rank higher.
14 Best SEO Plugins for WordPress
Several WordPress plugins are designed to assist users in optimizing their site’s content. Our research team has worked on your behalf to determine the top 14 WordPress SEO plugins to implement your SEO strategy on your website. Read the Detailed Guide about What is WordPress?
These SEO plugins can improve your site’s content and boost user engagement. The important point is that the optimization of your website primarily depends upon you regardless of using WordPress SEO plugins or not. All the important WordPress SEO plugins are explained below.
If you want to have real-time insights into your posts so that you can optimize while writing them, try Rank Math. Apart from showing real-time insights, another significant feature of this plugin is the SEO data that includes the following things and displays them directly on your dashboard.
- It shows SEO errors on your post that it spots.
- The number of search impressions your site is getting.
- Ranking Keywords.
Another attraction is its speed insight; hence, it won’t affect your site’s speed. Furthermore, Divi’s visual editor can be integrated into the Rank Math Plugin to get powerful SEO features.
Rank Math – Significant Features
- Rank Math can be integrated with Google Search Console.
- Provides you with Snippet Preview to avoid SERPs display errors.
- Using the WordPress plugin to boost your site’s SEO is easy.
- It offers advanced functionality that gives you complete control over your site’s on-page SEO.
- Its auto-configuration feature is quite smart and tells you the SEO settings your website needs. It can also configure many of the options automatically.
- Provides Full Schema Codex.
- 24×7 Support is available to answer your questions.
- Integrates with DiviTheme.
Why is Rank Math for You?
Consider the following key points in this regard:
- Rank Math will simplify your SEO with its intuitive layout and properly defined options.
- Rank Math is comparatively better than other competitors as it offers everything to cater on-page SEO of your website.
- It offers advanced functionality and complete control over the site’s SEO.
Rank Math Pricing: Free, or Pro: $59 annually, Business: $199 annually, Agency: $499 annually.
Yoast has successfully earned a place at the top of our list of 14 best SEO plugins for WordPress. This single plugin is powering many of the major sites you normally visit. WordPress has strived to simplify your site’s data optimization by providing the Yoast plugin. Yoast can assist you in the following aspects:
- Your site’s content optimization
- XML Sitemap Creation
- Redirect Management
- SERP Reviews and more
Yoast covers all aspects of SEO, especially on-page insight features. Yoast enables you to understand your target keyword, highlight your mistakes, and help you correct them. Know More Which CMS is Better Blogger vs WordPress.
Yoast SEO – Significant Features
- Readability Score: Yoast provides its website owners with a readability score so that they can modify their content to make it more appealing and pleasing to their potential readers.
- SEO Analysis: This feature will assist you in writing SEO-friendly content for your site.
- You can view, edit and adjust how your post or page appears in Google search results.
Why is Yoast SEO for You?
The reasons to have Yoast SEO for your site’s content optimization are as follows:
- Keep checking the quality level of your content and bringing your team of writers to the desired level of content quality.
- To uncover, edit and correct your overlooked mistakes while writing.
- To have an easy yet effective SEO page optimization.
Yoast SEO Pricing: Free, Premium is $99 per Annum.
Many SEO plugins can develop XML sitemaps for your site. It's up to you; if you need XML sitemaps only, then there is no need to carry other unnecessary features. This simple yet effective ready-to-go plugin will create sitemaps for you.
XML Sitemaps – Significant Features
- You can create complete sitemaps, including Video Sitemaps using this plugin.
- It can also create HTML sitemaps for you.
- It enables you to notify search engines regarding your site’s updates.
Why is XML Sitemaps Plugin for You?
Following are the reasons to consider XML Sitemaps for your site:
- Only sitemaps must be made if you are done with the rest of your site’s SEO.
- To make SERPs aware of your site's updates.
XML Sitemaps Pricing: Free
The SEO Framework
As the name suggests, The SEO Framework plugin offers many useful features to optimize your site, including SEO ratings and unique automation. Keep your site speedy even while handling your site’s SEO processing. The extension manager plugin also assists you in creating appealing and pleasing content by providing you with the following features:
- It guides you in content creation.
- Focuses on keywords.
- Automatically add schema structured data and more.
The SEO Framework – Significant Features
- Targets keywords and focuses on the synonyms as per SERPs content analysis.
- Tells your site’s optimization level with the help of a color scale.
- The plugin has extensions, including local SEO and others, to enhance its functionality.
- The plugin has a built-in social sharing feature for your site’s content.
Why is The SEO Framework for You?
Based on the following reasons, we feel SEO Framework is necessary for site owners around the globe:
- You need this plugin if you need to write SEO-optimized content.
- If you want to keep your writing in a natural tone instead of stuffing awkward keywords.
- The plugin will assist you in identifying SEO errors and will do automatic optimization.
The SEO Framework Pricing: Free.
SEO experts think of 301 redirects as a vital part of any SEO strategy to help you maintain the page ranks without keeping the page active. Link your old page to the new URL and set up a 310 redirect. This way, you can tell Google to look for another page and not that one. Having 301 redirects relieves you of using other methods for redirection, like .htaccess file modification.
Redirection – Significant Features
- Based on page type, login status, IP address, and other conditions, 301 redirects can create conditional redirects for your site.
- It will assist you in altering the permalink structure.
- It can track 404 errors.
Why is Redirection for You?
- If you attempt to delete the pages which are ranking high.
- It will assist you in redesigning a website.
Redirection Pricing: Free
SEO experts are best known as wise decision-makers regarding site optimization. Rankie is the plugin that can assist you in making wise decisions regarding your site's SEO strategy. Once you have Rankie, you do not need to go to Google Analytics; Rankie will modify the page accordingly.
Rankie – Significant Features:
- You can monitor your site’s performance by tracking the targeted keywords.
- Rankie will track your website’s ranking on Google.
- It offers 4 dissimilar methods for locating positions: Google Custom Search API, Google Directly, Google via F-secure.com, and Google via kproxy.com proxy.
- Rankie will also assist you in updating the keywords that are used by your visitors to find your content.
- Rankie is perfect as it generates performance reports to give users a broader view.
Why is Rankie for You?
- You need Rankie as an SEO data analyst or an expert marketer.
- Critically observes your site performance and determines how SERPs and visitors feel about it.
Rankie Pricing: $27
Ahrefs has earned global recognition and a great reputation among SEO experts. This SEO WordPress plugin focuses on both backlinks and other optimization features. The former is powered by the backlink index, while other optimization features increase your site’s traffic.
Ahrefs offer a broad backlink index available online. You can uncover partnership opportunities and collaborations by getting a good-looking backlink profile.
Ahrefs – Significant Features
- Ahrefs provides users with content audit tools.
- A detailed SEO analysis is provided by Ahrefs, which is based on the data given by Google Analytics.
- On your site’s dashboard, you can have actionable insights.
- Quick and easy set-up.
- Integrates with several other SEO plugins.
Why is Ahrefs for you?
The following reasons make Ahrefs a smart choice for you:
- This WordPress plugin is primarily for Social Media Managers and PR Pros.
- If you want to have a good-looking backlink profile.
Ahrefs Pricing: Lite: starts at $99, Standard: starts at $199, Advanced: starts at $399, Enterprise: starts at $999.
As the name suggests, SEO Press is an all-in-one SEO plugin for WordPress sites, and the best part is that it is free. This single plugin will provide everything you need to improve your site’s optimization level. SEO Press provides you with the following:
- Managing meta titles.
- Adding descriptions.
- Creating HTML sitemaps.
- Generating XML sitemaps.
- Tracking the visitors of your website.
- Optimizing your social media and more.
SEO Press – Significant Features
SEO Press WordPress plugins offer advanced SEO features, especially to run your online business through your WordPress website. Ponder your thoughts on the following features:
- Description and Meta titles management is easy.
- HTML and XML sitemaps generation.
- Tracking site visitors with Google Analytics.
- Social Media Optimization.
Why is SEO Press for You?
The following reasons make SEO Press a must-have plugin:
- It will serve you as an all-in-one SEO solution.
- You can easily do SEO even if you have multiple sites.
SEO Press Pricing: Free, $49 for the Pro version. SEOPress Insights for $99 per year per site, SEOPress Bundle for $128 per year. Who Will Win the Comparison Shopify VS WordPress in 2023?
WP Meta SEO
If you have a website but want to redesign it, then we will suggest a quick and fast solution: simply install WP Meta SEO to optimize the new pages. Instead of optimizing every page separately, WP Meta SEO will optimize across-site. You can do across-site optimization all at once. You can also take help from Google data to cater to the keywords strategy.
WP Meta SEO – Significant Features
- It offers a bulk data editor to manage your site’s metadata.
- Google Search Console Integration is provided to have keyword suggestions.
- WPMetaSEO also includes a sitemap generator and a redirection manager.
Why is WP Meta SEO for You?
The following reasons make this plugin a perfect choice for you:
- This plugin best suits entrepreneurs and caters to their SEO needs.
- The plugins will speed up your workflow and let you focus on creating your site’s content.
WP Meta SEO Pricing: Free / $49 for the Pro.
Schema & Structured Data for WP & AMP
This particular plugin will assist you in customizing how your site’s content will appear in rich snippets. The Schema & Structured Data for WP & AMP plugin enables you to add:
- All sorts of content
- Blog posts
- Product pages
- New articles
- Recipes and more
- Rich snippets with additional content like ratings, pricing, author, and photos.
Schema & Structured Data for WP & AMP – Significant Features
- Automatically assign a schema to more than thirty-five content types.
- Markup can be added manually to any post or page.
- The plugin automatically excludes certain content types.
- Optimizes your site for other devices like cell phones.
Why is this WordPress Plugin for You?
The following points will assist you in understanding the importance of having Schema and Structured Data for WP & AMP:
- If you want your blog or business site to have a better presence in SERPs, this plugin is for you.
- You can easily show several schema types in SERPs as per the guidelines given by schema.org.
- You can use AMP or AMP for WP by auto-plugins.
Schema and Structured Data for WP & AMP Pricing: Free.
MonsterInsights is one of the most reliable Google Analytics plugins available out there. This plugin will enhance your dashboard by providing your site’s Google Analytics performance data. The data will further guide you to improve user engagement and visitor experience. It also shows the Google Search Console reports. Additionally, you will not need any code or tracking script even if you want to install Google Analytics.
MonsterInsights – Significant Features
- Using this plugin, you can easily track the performance and analytics of your website.
- You can have Google Analytics right on your dashboard.
- The reports will tell you the pages which are mostly visited.
Why are the MonsterInsights for You?
Consider the following key points in this regard:
- This plugin caters to expert marketers who want an optimized site for conversions.
- MonsterInsights enables its users to have a streamlined view of the data.
MosterInsights Pricing: Plus: $99.50 a year, Pro: $199.50 a year, and Agency: $399.50 a year.
Internal Link Juicer
Adding internal links will challenge you with your site’s growth. To tackle this challenge easily and comfortably, we suggest you install Internal Link Juicer, undoubtedly the best SEO plugin for your WordPress website. It will automate the process of internal linking, and as a result, you will get each post optimized. This plugin will also make your site’s content easier to find for readers who will visit your site and stay there for longer.
Internal Link Juicer – Significant Features
- Set anchor keywords for your site’s posts. It will automatically link your post to the relevant internal content.
- You can limit the links for each post.
- You can also block unwanted content or links.
Why is Internal Link Juicer for You?
The following points are convincing enough to consider Internal Link Juicer for you:
- It will assist you in finding the best articles from a large library of content to link to.
- It will also show the internal links stats for you.
Internal Link Juicer Pricing: Free, $69.99 for the Pro.
Forming a perfect SEO strategy according to your site’s needs is impossible without having good data to analyze your site's performance. But you don't need to worry about anything as long as HubSpot can assist you by collecting and presenting the data. HubSpot has an easy-to-read and user-friendly dashboard. You will find it easy to read and understand. The data will then help you to form the right strategy to improve your site’s optimization. Let's now dive into the key features of HubSpot.
HubSpot – Significant Features
- HubSpot provides you with detailed marketing performance analytics.
- It will assist you in monitoring your site's performance.
- You can also check every single page of your site for web traffic.
- The plugin contains several additional SEO features, including email marketing, live chat, and forms.
Why is HubSpot for You?
The following are the main attractions of the HubSpot WordPress plugin:
- If you need to scale a medium size business, this plugin is for you.
- It allows you to use other products by HubSpot, i.e., CRM.
HubSpot Pricing: Free, Professional: $96,00 per annum, Enterprise: $43,200 annually.
All in One SEO (AIOSEO)
This plugin is best known for its effectiveness in improving on-page SEO. It will best suit your needs in dealing with small-scale businesses and is search reliant. All In One SEO plugin covers the following aspects:
- It will give you a full site analysis.
- Gives error alerts.
- Give recommendations to improve SEO.
- Generates sitemaps.
It also supports making your site highly visible on the web regardless of the search engine being used.
All In One SEO – Significant Features
- Analyze your site and gives you an audit checklist to improve SEO.
- Frequently guides you to improve your site optimization through recommendations.
- It can create sitemaps for your site.
- Sitemaps submission to several search engines.
Why is All In One SEO for You?
The key reasons to have All In One SEO are given as follows:
- This plugin is for you if you own a small-scale business and are more concerned about the on-page SEO of your site.
- It will keep your site more visible in online searches to boost your business.
AIOSEO Pricing: Basic: $49.60 a year, Plus: $99.60 per annum, Pro: $174.65, Elite: $224.70 per annum.
Frequently Asked Questions
According to our SEO experts, you are in no need to install plugins to improve your site’s optimization if you already have a sound knowledge of SEO. But at the same time, you can take assistance from a plugin if you don't have enough expertise in doing SEO.
We have explained every plugin's significant features and the key reasons to consider a particular plugin for your WordPress site. Knowing which plugin suits you best will depend on your site’s needs and SEO requirements.